Mars Veterinary Wisdom Panel 2.5 Breed Identification DNA Test Kit for Dogs
Introducing New Wisdom Panel 2.5 Canine DNA Test
Covers 250+ breeds, types and varieties including all those recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and can be run for mixed-breed, designer, or purebred dogs.
What is Wisdom Panel 2.5 DNA Test?
With a simple cheek swab, you can uncover DNA-based insights that may help you understand your dog’s unique appearance, behaviors, and wellness needs. Your customized report will include:
• For mixed breed dogs: Breed ancestry identification back to great-grandparents.
* For purebred dogs: Breed certification and level of genetic diversity.
* For designer dogs: Certification that your dog is a true 50/50 hybrid of two purebred parents
• For all: New MDR1 Genetic Mutation Test a test for multi-drug sensitivity, which can assist in the prevention of serious adverse drug reactions.
• For all: Adult weight range prediction: to help you make appropriate nutrition and diet choices.
* For all: Breed insights to help you provide a better training program, understand behavior, and create an effective care and wellness plan.
How does Wisdom Panel work?
Once your sample is received at our lab, it is scanned into our database and assigned to a batch for testing. It then undergoes processing to extract the DNA from your dog’s cells which are examined for the 321+ markers used in the test. The results for these markers are sent to a computer that evaluates them using a program designed to consider all of the pedigree trees that are possible in the last three generations. The trees considered include a simple pedigree with a single breed (a likely pure-bred dog), two different breeds at the parental level (a first-generation cross), all the way up to a complex tree with eight different great-grandparent breeds. Our computer uses information from our 10,000+ sample breed database to fill these potential pedigrees. For each of the millions of combinations of ancestry trees built and considered, the computer gives each a score representing how well that selected combination of breeds matches to your dog’s data. The pedigree with the overall best score is selected and provided to you in your dog’s individualized report.
How do I use the Wisdom Panel 2.5 kit to test my dog’s DNA?
Testing is as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Simply collect a skin cell sample from the inside of your dog's cheek with the included swabs.
2. Activate your test online at www.wisdompanel.com/start and mail the swabs back to our laboratory with the postage-paid shipping label.*
3. Within three weeks you will receive an e-mail with your dogs ancestry report.
*Activation of test online will allow immediate tracking of your sample as well as updates throughout the process of the test analysis. Please be sure to complete all required fields.
How long does it take to get the Wisdom Panel 2.5 results?
Once the sample has been received at the lab, it generally takes 2-3 weeks for the sample to be tested, results generated. You will receive email notification when your report is available for viewing.
Wisdom Panel 2.5 Canine DNA Test Kit includes:
o DNA cheek swabs – all for use on one dog
o Drying insert for swabs
o Pre-paid return shipping box
• Customized Report Includes:
• Breed ancestry tree going back three generations
• Detailed breed profiles for each of the breeds detected
• Multidrug Sensitivity (MDR1) genetic mutation screening results
• Adult weight range prediction to help with nutrition and diet choices
• Ancestry certificate for framing
• Assess to the Mars Veterinary customer care team for report questions and trait analysis